The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Are you down for the clique?

Bundesarchiv

Bundesarchiv

Students are regularly impacted and influenced by their peers, and those who they consistently spend time around. This is the clique: a small, exclusive group of people. This ‘set’ prompts the student within the clique to be an average of the personalities within a group.

Cliques are easy to decipher on the surface. Teens hang out with the people they are most attracted to and/or have the most affinity with. However, teenagers are sometimes thrown into cliques because of where they live or because of other factors that they cannot control. The group a student is in, whether he or she was forced into it or not, will influence their lives for the better or for the worst. The positive or negative effect is solely up to the student because he or she always has a choice to leave the group.
A person’s clique affects their train of thought, a person’s way of thinking and personality in a clique are infectious to other people within it. Students need to watch their thoughts, then conclude why they are thinking that way then identify the influences. However, they often lack the capacity to think about the why.

This all relates back to cliques and how they affect the state of mind. They are the people we spend the most time with, what we invest our hearts into associating ourselves with. Teens going into adulthood need to remain students even after school. Life is a classroom full of lessons, and the people we surround ourselves with are our schoolmates. And the test? Is our happiness with ourselves, the people we love, and wherever our passion lies. Surround yourself with great people and you yourself will become great. Let’s be influenced for the better.