The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Who is the next world’s Superpower?

Nick Schneider, Staff Reporter

The world has had several global powers in its existence since God created it. During the time of Jesus, the Roman Empire was the world’s dominating superpower. When the United States was fighting for its independence in the 1700s, the British were the world’s superpower. As America grew older, she worked her way up to the world’s dominating superpower, but can she hold her title.

It’s hard to believe that the great United States as we know it might not continue to be the world’s dominating superpower. During the time of President Obama’s term, he weakened the powerful US military both physically and psychologically; physically by reducing the active-duty size and reserves; psychologically by instilling political correctness programs and turning the military into a social engineering program. As of January 20, 2017, our new President is Mr. Donald Trump and he promises to strengthen the military and the economy, so that once again in the future America can be the world’s superpower.

The world has many rising stars entering onto the stage, both good and bad for the U.S. The mostly likely candidate for the world’s next superpower is China. You might be wondering why China would be the next superpower if the country has a very unstable economy. For years, China has been producing many of the world’s products due to their cheap production prices. However, it has also been losing some of the manufacturer’s factories due to companies wanting to produce in their native country or having found a better place. China’s military has recently been making their own islands in the South China Sea and mobilizing artillery, shore-to-ship missiles, and fighter wings. Their military’s technology is lagging behind ours because they are using cold war technology. However, just because their military is using cold war technology doesn’t mean they can’t win a war. China has the numbers to overcome technology.

There is no doubt that China is the next global superpower. China is spending more of its money to insure that they come out on top. But will they?