The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Food, fun, and fellowship

HS Beach Bash perfect kick-off to the year

Sophomores Cami Alvarado and Julie Martin take advantage of the warm sun and soft sand to enjoy a game of volleyball with their friends. The high school Beach Bash brought together old and new friends in a relaxed setting. Students enjoyed games, food, and worship as they kicked off the school year.

Chloe Ryan and Malala Sapini

From spiked volleyballs and splashes in the water to tasty treats and pizza, high school students finished the first week of school with a get-together at Oceanside Harbor, Saturday, August 20. This Beach Bash served as an environment to develop memories and friendships to last the year. Students showed up with friends and their bathing suits, for a night of food, fun, and fellowship.

It only took a few minutes to start an intense game of volleyball. Once a couple students hopped on the court for some volleying rallies, others joined in, turning the casual passing into an aggressive volleyball game. Soon, players were diving to keep the game alive and spiking with the full intention of winning.

“The highlight of my night was playing beach volleyball with all my pals,” Christian Salibo (‘19) said. “Volleyball is a competitive, fun game and the people are just plain cool to play with.”

Students enjoyed the quality time spent with their friends along the shore. Hanging with friends was an alternative to going into the freezing cold ocean.

“Hanging out with friends was definitely my favorite part of the night,” Tyler Gaul (‘18) said. “I always have a great time laughing and hanging out.”

Journalism and yearbook adviser Jennifer Castro concluded the night with two songs of worship as the sun touched the horizon. The highlight of the night was to be able to glorify God in the perfect setting.

“I enjoyed the worship played at the end of the night,” Gabriella Jencks (‘20) said. “There’s nothing better than praising and glorifying God in such a beautiful environment.”

Students spent their Saturday evening at the Beach Bash creating friendships, sharing laughs, and worshiping God when the sun went down. Students relaxed and made memories before the hecticness of the school year began.