The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Senior parking spots

Morganne Kenney, Sports Editor

Senior Parking spots are a much coveted senior perk in most public school systems, so why not allow the seniors here to enjoy their seniority over underclassmen drivers?  As the parking lot becomes more and more crowded with new drivers, the seniors with late start often have to park in the dirt parking lot and cram their cars into weird makeshift “spaces”, while the sophomores and juniors fill up the actual parking lot with their less than adequate parking jobs.

“It would be awesome to have senior parking spots because you don’t have to worry about not getting a parking spot if you are running late, you already have one!”, Senior Anna Saviage said. “Plus you get to customize it!”

Senior parking spots could also be customized with artwork to claim your spot. Flower borders, minions or even the school mascot could be painted on your spot to allow for some individuality and artistic creativity.

“I would have someone who is really creative draw like an 3-D chalk art of the ocean”, freshman Colton Henry said. “Having my own parking spot as a senior would be awesome!”
The seniors, being the elders on the campus, should have a few perks for the remainder of their high school careers. First pick of the senior parking spots could be sold at the school auction to help fund the new building and to add onto the existing parking lot. All in all senior parking spots are a must have.