The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

A day fit for a fashion queen

Lynn Thornton, Opinions Editor

On Friday April 1, fashion club members traveled to Los Angeles to attend the annual debut fashion show at FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). First on the itinerary was the Open House at the FIDM campus, followed by the fashion show at the Santa Monica Airport hangar. This year the members experienced first hand the fashion industry and toured the different museums and fashion collections FIDM had to offer.

Some of the members enjoyed the fashion show itself and the different designers that debuted their looks. These collections included chairing styles and dance rhythms.

“I liked looking at the different collections and the different eras of fashion,” Kelsey Doyle (‘17) said. “I felt like I was going back in history and teleporting through time.”

Other members were awed by the amount of time put into the show and the months of preparation it took to get the show ready for debut. Also, a highlight for some was walking through the fashion museum at FIDM.

“It was crazy seeing all the behind-the-scenes work and the effort put into the show,” April Mason (‘17) said. “I also liked going through the museums at FIDM and seeing the different costumes from Pitch Perfect and Jem and the Holograms.”

All the members enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the campus and being surrounded by individuals with the same passions.

“I liked the general vibe at FIDM and seeing other people with the same interests,” Gretchen Ferguson (‘18) said. “I want to encourage other people to join Fashion Club and attend the debut show next year.”

The FIDM fashion show was a success and a highlight for many members during their spring break. From seeing the campus to having a picnic in a parking lot, each attendee thoroughly enjoyed the day and seeing what the fashion industry was all about.