The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Seniors Embrace a Haily Night

Gabby Salibo, Editor in Chief

Once again, the class of 2017 had an evidently unforgettable night. Forty seniors packed into the school bus for the annual grad night trip on May 6 to Disneyland. A tradition that goes back decades, each year promises new adventures and experiences, and this year was no exception. From long lines to hailstorms, the students were the highlight of one crazy night with friends.

With the expectation of rides all day and music all night, no one anticipated the storm to come… literally. Whether people were dancing with the DJ and music, out on a ride, or walking around, the hail came down and the screams got loud. Everyone ran to the nearest place of shelter and huddled up from the cold.

“Disneyland was really fun until it started hailing at midnight,” Noah Curry (‘17) said. “I was so relieved that it started after we had gotten off of California Screaming; we hid under a little umbrella with a lot of people.”

Many teachers found shelter in the coffee shop. After a long day of park hopping, the night was full of energized teenagers flooding California Adventure. Teachers reminisce their experiences with the madness.

“It was typically crowded with crazy kids,” ASB teacher Tonya Rauch said. “It’s always good to see the kids having fun though because we go for them not us. We survived Grad Nite 2017 #hailyeah.”

Although the night entailed hectic events, students took advantage of a day full of rides, food, and parades. Some were especially nostalgic about being at Disneyland and embraced their own traditions that bring back sweet memories.

“My favorite ride was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride,” Rylie Whistler (‘17) said. “It’s one of the original rides, and I always think about how I went on it with my mom and she would always point out interesting things to me.”

Grad Night 2017 was full of events with unique experiences for everyone. Whether people remember the rain, hail, music, rides, or food, the night was it’s own crazy memory and definitely one that no one would forget.