The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

How to be an employee

Malala Sapini, News Editor

The working season has arrived; students rush to get jobs so they can fill their pockets with cash. Jobs available to high school students include: serving, cleaning, customer service, manual labor, etc. Students have many different reasons for taking on a job. They include pursuit for discipline or, the more common desire, income. When students become new employees, certain mindsets need to be instilled into their work ethic to maximize the probability of keeping a successful job.

When a student joins a company, it is mandatory to absorb as much information as possible about his or her craft. The only job in the beginning phase of employment is to simply absorb and digest information about their duties. Students need to observe the rules unsaid in the workplace. They need to watch who has real power and authority.

New employees need to learn the value of acquiring  information about their vocation over making an impression. At the beginning, student-employees need to not fear making mistakes. Progress is gold. Mistakes and failures are only the means of making progress and growth in the worker. They need to revert back to a sense of inferiority by submitting to reality, leaving only enough space to observe the elements that are soon to be controlled.

This is how one follows the path to mastery of a high school job; disregard distractions and value the educational experience of the job.