The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Jamey Palm: Middle Monitor

Chloe Ryan, Student Life Editor

After years of no appearance in league, there were great expectations for the men’s new volleyball team. Serving as a crucial member to the team, Jamey Palm (‘17), senior and middle, has already learned the essential qualifications for a team of well developed players. For Palm, his insight on this season isn’t only about the technicalities, but the improvement that he anticipates from himself and each individual player.

Developing a team from nothing, surprisingly resulted in little to zero complications. With a good showing of athletes to tryouts, the boys formulated a team of physically active and coordinated players, including Palm, an enthusiastic player.

“Technique and communication are key,” Palm said. “A key to the game is keeping your eye on the ball, and to staying completely focused on the game, your position, and your passes.”

Although every player has some level of experience, there is still much preparation to be game ready. Palm remains confident that the team is developing into more well-rounded players seeking achievements each day.

“We have a lot of work to do,” Palm said. “Two hour practices a day are beneficial to each player.”

Joining the team was not just a means of excelling in sports. Palm has developed relationships with each teammate through the rough practices and encouragement.

“I was thrilled to join a team with all of my friends my senior year,” Palm said. “I hope to be an encouragement and impact on each player, as we continue this season together as a team of brothers.”

With many matches to come and abundant wins to fulfill, Palm anticipates his playing time on the court. He hopes to grow as a middle on the team. Taking each practice seriously and intensely, Palm continues to look forward for achieving great things as a teammate, brother, and fellow Christian on the court.