The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Money making may seem merely impossible

Chloe Ryan, Opinions Editor

You may be a junior in high school with barely a cent in your pocket. You’ve been too lazy or “busy” to get a job, and all you want to do is spend, spend, spend! Your friends’ parents hand out money for gas, food, and activities, but you? You are found at Coinstar cashing in all of your change just to get around. Being a needy teenager, you make think the most brilliant idea to make money is by researching it. Turns out, it’s not going to be as easy  it sounds: take a look for yourself.

1. Open up a cricket farm? Who’s idea was that?! Supposedly crickets can sell up to $12 each as a female lays 5-10 eggs … a day! Just find an old fish tank, some dirt, and an egg carton, and soon enough you’ll be making some cash to get around.
  2. Scare your friends and family? Now it’s not what it sounds like. This “intelligent person” came up with the crazy idea to house a haunted mansion in their own home. The man that did this earned a whopping $10,000. Go ahead and try it for yourself; you never know how many people will show up.
  3. Shovel the snow out of your driveway: locales will actually buy boxes of snow from you, and buying snow is not cheap! Now, of course, you need to be living in the right climate, but if you are located in the snow, get going.
  4. Sell your … Deposits?! Now that is abstract one. Now there is one catch: you have to be living in Massachusetts where OpenBiome collects poop to help physicians around the country treat infections of a bacterial infection. If you are a resident, it’s time to package and sell … gross!
  5. Find a red paperclip? Now that sounds odd. It worked for Montreal’s Kyle MacDonald.  He was able to barter his way up from a red paper clip until he owned his own house.

Now all of these may seem a bit crazy, but somehow have been achieved by some “clever people.” It’s your turn to make some money. Ready. Set. Go.