The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Standout student and soccer star: Noah McKemy

Gabby Salibo, Co-Editor in Chief

Known for his personal entrepreneurship and being a student scholar, Noah McKemy (‘17) embodies a student athlete through his love of soccer. As a senior and leader on the the team, McKemy strives to keep the team focused and be an example to each person that looks up to him.

Starting in his freshman year, McKemy loves the competition and the joy that comes with running and playing intervals. He recognizes the importance of organization and keeping God as the center of the sport through team prayer and devotion. As a long time student and athlete, he adds a key component to the sport of soccer.

“I’ve been going to this school since kindergarten,” McKemy said. “I think that I’m a very vocal person on and off the field, but that’s something that makes me stand out on the field.”

Not only has McKemy created long lasting relationships with the players, but he has made countless memories with them. Each of his teammates has been impacted by him over the years in different ways.

“McKemy is one of our best defenders,” striker Anthony Madden (‘17) said.  “He’s one of the most encouraging people I know and adds a lot to our team.”

Being one of the more experienced players, McKemy has been there for all the ups and downs of the school soccer team. He recognizes one coach that added so much to the team and sport and specifically impacted him.

“Coach Anthony [Chavez] has really impacted our team since he started coaching soccer last year,” McKemy said. “Before he became a coach, the soccer program struggled, but he has really helped us improve as players.”

Although this is his last season in his high school career, McKemy looks forward to what his future holds. With plans to attend Cal State San Marcos, he desires to continue the sport that he loves in college for fun and as a means to stay in shape throughout the next four years.