The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Skillful and seasoned senior reminisces: Kelsey Doyle

Livie Trillizio, Staff Reporter

Assiduous senior and energetic varsity soccer midfielder and forward Kelsey Doyle (‘17) reflects with gratitude and nostalgia on seasons’ past. As a long time lover of the sport, she has had many unforgettable moments on the field but is most thankful for the memories shared with her teammates.

“I pretty much grew up playing soccer and have always had a passion for the sport, so I joined the team my sophomore year,” Doyle said. “I’m not necessarily as serious about the sport as many players out there; it’s just a chance for me to have fun playing a great game with some of the best people.”

Doyle has made the most out of her seasons and is a testament of showcasing a balance of hard-work, skill, and a little bit of fun. As she does not wish to continue her soccer career in college, she found this as an opportunity to create and strengthen relationships and to cultivate some of the greatest moments of her high school years.

“I have found that once I develop a focused determination and the skills I need on the field, it provides for a lot of fun times with my friends,” Doyle said. “Some of the best times have been weekend tournaments where we can play in games all day and continue to hang out with each other as the day goes by.”

As Doyle reflects on her seasoned years playing the sport, she is most thankful for her close team that has become a second family to her as her soccer career has come to an end. While they know when to get serious on the field, they have been able to develop deep relationships that will last far past a short season.

“Kelsey is very motivated in all that she does, both on and off the field,” teammate Judy Samuel (‘18) said. “She has always been super encouraging and a great asset to our team.”
Although her time playing soccer has come to a bittersweet end, Doyle is immensely thankful for a sport that has brought her lasting memories and a certain sisterhood. As she continues on with her final year of high school, she looks forward to furthering those friendships and continuing to play the sport she loves alongside her best friends.