The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Spirited students spend the week in costume

Winter Spirit Week takes over the campus

Brandon Johnson ('17) sports his Tacky Tourist attire during Winter Spirit Week. Students spent the week dressing up in different costumes to get ready for the Hoopcoming the following weekend.

Photo by Sierra Piester

Photo by Sierra Piester

Hannah Cote, Staff Reporter

Skaties was right around the corner, and what better way to prepare than with spirit? Skaties Spirit Week consisted of Snow Day (Day 1), Ninja vs. Yeti Day (Day 2), Beach Day (Day 3), and Twin Day (Day 4). Students dressed up for each of these events, ditching their uniforms to show off their spirit.

Of these four days, Beach Day seemed to be a popular theme among students. It was unusual to wear beach clothes in the middle of winter, and on one of the colder days of the week, but that didn’t stop students from participating.

“My favorite was Beach Day,” Cebella Johnston (‘20) said. “I like going to the beach and wearing beach clothes. They’re so comfortable, so it was fun to wear them to school.”

Twin Day appeared to be a favorite among students. Twins, triplets, and even quadruplets swarmed the halls with their matching outfits.

“My favorite day was definitely Twin Day, even though I didn’t do it,” Roxana Purtee (‘18) said. “It was fun seeing everyone match, and if I had done it, I would’ve liked having someone look like me. It was just fun.”

Others liked the “team” aspect of Twin Day and getting to plan with others. It was fun getting to choose who to pair up with.

“I liked Twin Day the best because we get to do it with our best friends,” Mikayla Bedolla (‘20) said. “We get to plan and do something fun with our best friends, friends, people we know, anyone.”

Spirit Week was a major success this year. Snow Day proved perfect for the cold weather and Ninjas and Yetis faced off in a battle of color. Despite the weather, students wore beach clothes in abundance and multiplicity ran rampant through the halls. Plenty of spirit was shown for Skaties, which led to a promising and fun Skaties experience on Saturday.