The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Hit the books? More like hit that snooze button!

Photo by Gabby Salibo

Photo by Gabby Salibo

Gretchen Ferguson, Backpage Editor

5:00 Oh my oh my, why is it so early? I know I said I was going to get up early and study, but a few more minutes of sleep won’t hurt, right?

5:30 The sun isn’t even up, so why should I be? My grade won’t suffer just because I decide I needed a bit more beauty sleep. Plus, all my teachers told me to get a good night’s sleep, so this will make up for all the time I spent watching Netflix last night.

6:15 Since my alarm will not leave me alone, I guess it is time to get up and get ready, but these blankets are so warm I think I might stay here.

6:25 With all this extra time I have before finals start, it’s time to do my makeup. I could keep it nice and simple but I’d rather waste my time caking my face than actually study. The perfect pairing to go along with my morning routine is a little background noise, but why would I watch Crash Course when I can listen to Christmas music?

6:50 Now that my face looks absolutely flawless, I can dress sloppy, right? I mean, I know they all said to “dress for success” but it is too early to look nice. Why can’t I just wear my sweatpants and pajama shirt? They are cozy, warm, and painless, unlike heels and a pencil skirt. Plus, I’m going to get the same results whether or not I look presentable, so why can’t I be comfy?

7:20 It was too long of a struggle to find the right outfit, but now I’m almost ready to go to finals. I need to make myself a nice nutritious breakfast first. Why would I go for a bowl of cereal or eggs when I can grab a piece of toast and black coffee? It’s finals week, not my birthday – it is not the time to treat myself.

7:25 If school starts at 8:00 and it takes me fifteen minutes to get there, should I study or watch another hour-long episode of the show I was binge watching last night? Oh, man, who am I kidding, I left off at a huge cliff hanger – I have to watch it.

7:40 If I don’t show up today, can they just pass me on a default? I really think I should just stay home.

7:45 No more time debating, I have to leave now! They are going to fail me and I’m going to be doomed to a life living in my parents’ basement running an online troll blog. I can’t spend my whole life covered in tear stains and Cheeto dust; I need to pass!

7:59 Whooh! I made it. Thank goodness I ran three red lights and almost ran over a few pedestrians; it was totally worth it!

8:00 First Final of the week: I can do this! Wait, hold on. None of this was on the ten question Kahoot we did in class. Did she really expect me to study outside of school? This isn’t fair. Remind me after class to Google if I can sue my teacher for not telling me to review.

10:00 That was brutal. Thank goodness my next period is P.E. There is absolutely no way I can fail this. Unless she decides to test us on the background of football, I think I am safe.

10:15 She is testing us on football. What has this world come to? Why can’t we just be normal and play dodgeball or walk to Starbucks?

12:30 I think my teachers are forming a secret hate organization against me. If the rest of this week is like today, I am going to flunk out of high school. Maybe I should go home and prepare for the rest of the week? Oh wait, a group of my friends invited me to go “study” at the Yellow Deli? Count me in! I don’t need to waste my time at home anyways.