The student news site of Tri-City Christian School

The Eagle Flyer

Stress of the dress

Chloe Ryan, Student Life editor

It’s that time of year again for the hunting down of a perfect Homecoming dress. Now this conquest may be easy for some out there, but for most young females, there is a fine line between picky and impossible to please. I mean in all seriousness, it’s not your wedding day.

Shopping comes easy for some students. Picture the most typical stylistic, always-put-together person you know. Now picture this person shopping for a dress. Ta dah, five minutes and the mission is accomplished.

“I found my dress at the first store I went into,” Rachelle Lorson (’18) said. “It was a gold dress at Windsor.”

For others, it was quite a timely process. Many girls found themselves changing their mind and often even their dress.

“I searched around a few places,” Mariah Brooks (’18) said. “Finally, I got lucky at Liv3.”

Some, of course, were a little more picky than others when it came to choosing the right dress. Finding the right dress in the right shade was a timely process.

“I took about a week to find a dress,” Mitsue Angelou (’19) said. “Eventually I found the perfect, form-fitting one .”

With Homecoming just around the corner, it was time to get the shopping done. From blacks to blues and glitters to golds, it was time to show up in their best dresses. It is safe to say that everyone survived the stress and looked fabulous in the dress.